స్వీయ చరిత్రము - రెండవ భాగము/అనుబంధం
MEMORANDUM OF ASSOCIATION
Rajahmundry Hithakarni Samaj.
Name. —The name of the Association is “Rajahmundry Hithakarini Samaj. '
Object.—The object of the Association is to carry on educational, philanthropic and other useful work by the following ways and means ...—
To establish or acquire and maintain WidowsHomes, Orphanages, Asylums, Boys' and Girls, Schools, Industrial and Technical Institutions and other educational and philanthropic Institutions.
To raise, receive and administer funds for the above purposes.
To make such grants as the Samaj may think fit in furtherance of any useful social work akin to the object of the Samaj.
To purchase or otherwise acquire lands, estates or other moveable and immoveable properties.
To construct, purchase or otherwise acquires maintain, alter, or dispose of any buildings as necessity or convenience may require.
To amalgamate any two or more of the institutions, to discontinue or abolish any of the institutions under the management of the Samaj.
To enter into any arrangement with the Government, any Municipality, District or Local Board or anv other public body, for securing grants in aid for any of the institutions of the Samaj. 2 8. To invest the monies of the Samaj in such securi ties as may from time to time be resolved upon by the Samaj and to withdraw or transfer such investments as necessity or convenience may determine. 9. To do all such other things as may be necessary for, or incidental to, the attainment of the object of the Samaj. III. Names, addresses and occupations of the Members of the Managing Committee:— 1. President —Rao Bahadur K. Veeresalingam Pantulu, Retired Telugu Pandii, Government College, RAJAHMUNDRY. 2. Vice-President.— RaghupatiVenkataratnam Naidu Garu, M.A., L.T., Principal, Pittapur, Rajahas College, COCANADA. 3. Secretary.—Karumoory Veerabhadraswami Garu, B.A., Secretary, Municipal Council, RAJAHMUNDRY. 4. Messrs. Dharwada V. Krishna Row, B.A., B.L, Vakil, RAJAH MUNDRY. 5. Mr. Nalam Krishna Row, Land holder, RAJAH MUND RY. 6. Kanaparty Sreeramulu, Pleader, RAJAH MUNDRY. 7. Ganti Lakshmanna, B.A., B.L., Wakit, RAJAH MUND RY. 8. Chilakamarti Lakshminarasimham, Land holder, RAJAHMUNDRY, 9. Desiraju Peda Bapiah, B.A., L.T., Land holder, RAJAHMUNDRY. 10. Karumuri Kamarazu, Merchant, RAJAH MU NDRY, 1:1. M. Subbarayudu, B.A., Private Secretary to the Rajah of Pittapur, PITTAPUR. RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE Rajahmundry Hithakarini Samaj. 1. Any person fully sympathising with the object of the Samaj may be elected member of the Samaj, provided he is duly proposed and seccmded by any two members of the Managing Committee and accepted at a meeting of the Managing Committee by a majority of votes. Every member, unless specially exempted by the Managing Committee, shall pay a monthly subscription of not less than annas 4. 2. The office of a member of the Samaj shall be: vacated: i. by his death ; , ii. by his resignation ; iii. by his becoming of unsound mind ; iv. by his removal by a resolution of not less than two-thirds of the members of the Samaj. Managing Committee. 3. The Samaj shall be governed by a Managing Committee consisting of a President, a Vice-President, a Secretary and eight other members. Not less than nine members of the Committee shall be ordinary residents of Rajahmundry. The members of the Managing Committee shall be ex-officio members of the Samaj. The President, the Vice-President and the Secretary of the Managing Committee scr the time being shall also be the President, the Vice-President and the Secretary of the Samaj respectively. The President, the Vic-President and the Secretary shall be elected by the Managing Committee from among its members and shall hold cffice for 3 years from date of election subject to the provisions of Rule 4. The President and the VicePresident named in the memorandum of association shalf 4 hold office for life subject to the provisions in clauses 1, 2, 3, only of Rule 4. The following shall be the present members and office-bearers of the Managing Committee of the Samaj:—
1. Messrs. Rao Bahadur K. Veeresalingam Pantulu,President.
2.Mr. D. V. Krishna Rao, B.A., B.L.
3.Nalam Krishna Rao.
5.G. H. Lakshmanna, B.A., B.L.
7.D. P. Bapiah, B.A., L.T.
9.K. V. Virabhadraswami, B.A., Secretary.
10. R. Venkataratnam Naidu, M.A., L. T., of Cocanada,Vice-President.
11. M. Subbarayudu, B.A., Private Secretary of the Rajah of Pittapur.
4. The office of a member of the Committee shall be vacated.
i. by his death ;
ii. by his resignation ;
iii. by his becoming of unsound mind ;
iv. by his being declared an insolvent ;
v. by his removal by a resolution of not less thau “two-thirds of the members of the Samaj : or
vi. if a resident member, by his permanent removal from Rajahmundry.
5. All acts done in accordance with any resolution of the Managing Committee or by any person acting as a member of the Managing Committee shall be valid. 5 notwithstanding that it be afterwards discovered that there was some defect or irregularity in the appointment of any member of the Committee.
6. (a) Upon the occurrence of a vacancy in the office of a Member of the Managing Committee, the remaining members of the Managing Committee shall fill up the vacancy by election from among the members of the Samaj. Until such election as aforesaid takes place, the Committee then in existence shall continue to exercise all powers as if there were no vacancy. None but members of a Brahm2 or Prarthana Samaj or if such be not available, members of a Social Reform Association not being atheists, shall be eligible to the Managing Committee.
(b) Upon the occurrence of a vacancy in the office of the President, the Vice-President, or the Secretary, the Managing Committee shall fill up the vacancy by election from among its members. In the interval between a vacancy in the office of the Secretary and its being duly filled up, the President, the Vice-President or any member of the Managing Committee authorised by either of them shall perform all the duties pertaining to the office of the Secretary. The Secretary may authorise any member of the Managing Committee to act for him during his absence or for any other sufficient cause.
Powers of the Committee.
7. The business of the Samaj hall be managed by and the entire government of the Samaj shall be in the hands of the Managing Committee, who shall appoint, dispense with or dismiss its officers or servants, regulate and supervise its affairs, have custody of its properties, control its income and expenditure ; and exercise all such powers of the Samaj as are not hereby required to be expressly exercised by the Samaj itself. 6 8. Without restricting the scope of the preceding rule the Committee shall be competent to exercise the following powers:—
i. To carry on educational, philanthropic and other useful work.
ii. To establish or acquire and maintain widows,homes, orphanages and boys' and girls’ schools, industrial schools, workshcps and other institutions of generał usefulness.
iii. To appoint teachers, officers or other employees of the Samaj upon such terms and conditions as it may think fit and proper.
iv. To suspend or dismiss any of the teachers, officers or other employees of the Samaj as it may think fit and proper.
v. To make rules for and manage the institutions of the Samaj and to appoint and delegate powers to sub-committees for the said purpose.
vi. To collect, receive and administer funds for the above purposes.
vii. To make such grants as it may think fit in furtherance of any educational, philanthropic or other useful work subject to the sanction of the Samaj.
viii. To purchase or otherwise acquire lands, estates or other moveable or immoveable properties, subject to the sanction of the Samaj.
ix. To construct, pur chase or otherwise acquïre, maintain or alter any buildings which n ay be necessary or convenient, subject to the sanction of the Samaj.
x. To amalgamate any two or more of the institutions, to discontinue cr abolish any of the institutions, under the management of the Samaj, with the previous sanction of the Samaj. 7 xi. To enter into any arrangement with the Government or any Municipality or Local Board or any other public body, for securing grants in aid of any of the institutions of the Samaj.
xii. To invest the money of the Samaj in such securities as may from time to time be determined by the Samaj and from time to time transfer or withdraw such investments, subject to the sanction of the Samaj.
xiii. To do all such other things as may be necessary for, or incidental to, the attainment of the object of the Samaj.
Proceedings of the Managing Committee.
5. The Committee m my meet for the despatch of business, adjourn or otherwise regulate its meetings as it may determine.
10. The quorum for a meeting of the Committee shall be 5, but non-resident members shall be entitled to vote any such meetings by proxy.
11. The Secretary may at any time summon a meeting of the Committee.
12. Any three members of the Committee may, on a requisition signed by them and setting forth the business to be transacted, require the Secretary to convene a meeting of the Committee, and the Secretary shall be bound to convene such a meeting within a week after the receipt of the said requisition.
13. If upon such requisition as aforesaid, the Secretary should refuse to call for a meeting, any five members of the Committee may after a week's notice call for a meeting of the Committee and at such meetings the quorum shall be seven. Notice of such meeting shall be sent by post to every (member of the Committee. 8 14. The members of the Committee shall elect a Chair– man at its meeting, if the President be absent or indisposed to preside. The member presiding shall have a casting or second vote in case of a tie.
15. The Committee shall cause minutes to be made in books provided for the purpose : —
i. of all appointments of teachers, officers and other employees made by the Committee, with a statement of their salary and remuneration and of the other terms, if any, of such appointments ;
ii. of all orders passed by the Committee :
iii. of all resolutions and proceedings of the Committee.
16. Any such minute as aforesaid, if signed by any person admitted to be the Chairman of the meetting to which it rela tes or of the next meeting of the Committee, shall be receivable in evidence without any further proof. Accounts.
17. i. The Committee shall cause correct accounts with proper vouchers, to be kept of all transactions and of all sums of money received and expended.
ii. The Committee shall submit to the Samajan Annual, Report of the work and progress, together with an abstract statement of audited accounts.
18. All funds of the Samaj (except such sums as may be: required for current expenses) shall be paid into such bank as may be determined by the Samaj and shall not be drawn except on cheques jointly signed by the Secretary and one other member of the Committee duly authorised to do so.
19. Once in every year the accounts of the Samaj shall be audited, and the correctness of the accounts certified to, by one or more Auditors to be appointed by the Samaj. 9 20. The Auditors need not be members of the Samaj; but they shall not be members of the Managing Commitete.
21. All suits instituted by or on behalf of the Samaj shall be instituted in the name of the Secretary for the time. being, and in all suits brought against the Samaj, the said Secretary shall represent the Samaj.
Meetings of the Samaj.
22. The Secretary by direction of the Managing Committee shall call for a meeting of the members of the Samaj at any time.
23. Notice of every meeting shall be published in newspapers which are the organs, if any, of the Samaj, or in any other news-papers convenient for the purpose and shall be sent to every member by post at least two weeks previous to the date of the meeting.
24. Every notice shall contain the object or purpose for which the meeting is called.
25. The quorum of all ordinary meetings of the Samaj shall be one-fourth of the total strengh.
26. Any seven members of the Samaj may by a requisi tion in writing ask the Committee to call for a meeting of the Samaj for the particular purpose named in such requisition.
27. The Committee shall, upon receipt of such requisition and if it thinks proper, call for a meeting of the Samaj after notice as provided for by the rules.
28. If the Committee refuse to call for a meeting upon such requisition as aforesaid, or fail to reply to such requisition within a fortnight from the date thereof, any fifteen members of the Samaj may call for a special meeting of the Samaj in their own names. 10 29. Notice of such special meetings shall state the object or purpose for which such meeting is called.
30. Every notice calling for a special meeting under the above rule shall be published in two suitable newspapers and shall be sent to every member by post at least two weeks previous to the date of the meeting, and a copy of such notice shall be delivered to the Secretary of the Samaj two weeks before such meeting. The quorum for such special meetings shall be one-third of the strength of the Samaj.
31. At any meeting, non-resident members and such of the resident members as by reason of illness or any other cause sufficient in the opinion of the President of the said meeting, cannot attend in person, shall be entitled to vote either by proxy or by letter.
32. Any of the rules may be annulled, altered or added to by the Samaj, provided the proposal for such annulment, alteration or addition be supported by a majority of not less than two-fifth of the total strength of the Samaj which shall be the quorum of such a meeting.
33. Any of the powers of the Committee or of the Samaj may be exercised by the President-Founder Rao Balhadur K. Veeresalingam Pantulu Garu for reasons to be recorded by him in writing.
DEED OF TRUST EXECUTED BY Rao Bahadur Kandukuri Veeresalingam Pantulu, SON OF KANDUKURI SUBBARAYUDU GARU, Residing in Rajahmundry,
This day the Second of May 1908.
Know all men by these presents that an Association under the name and style of Rajahmundry Hithakarini Samaj having been formed and registered under the Registration of Societies Act, Act XXI of 1860, for the promotion of educational, philanthropic and other useful work, I do hereby appoint myself and the members of the Managing Committee of the said Rajahmundry Hithakarini Samaj, during the tenure of their office as such as Trustees and convey to them my right, title and interest in all the properties mentioned in the accompanying Schedule and valued at Rs. 41,500 to be held and managed for the benefit of the aforesaid Hithakarini Samaj subject to the following conditions : — 1. That the said property shall be under my sole management and control as a Trustee during my lifetime to the benefit of the said Hithakarini Samaj. i 2. That the said trustees and their successors in office shall on no account sell, mortgage or otherwise alienate my two-storeyed ancestral house, item No. 1 as per the accompanying Schedule, wherein I was born, but shall always keep the said house in good condition. 3. That the said Trustees and their successors in office shall on no account sell, mortgage or otherwise alienate the 27 12 two gardens with the buildings thereon, items 4 and 5 as per the accompanying Schedule, but shall improve them as funds permit, reserving such vacant portions of the gardens as may be necessary for night schools, technical or other useful institutions, that the said Hithakarini Samaj may hereafter establish.
4. That the said Trustees and their successors in office shall on no account sell, pledge or otherwise alienate my library, item No. 6 as per the accompanying Schedule, but shall permit the said library to be used as a free library by the institutions of the Hithakarini Samaj that may be situated in my aforesaid garden and with the permission of the Hithakarini Samaj by other institutions or by the public at large on any conditions which the said Hithakarini Samaj may impose.
5. That for the maintenance of myself and my family the said trustees and their successors in office shall permit me to appropriate to myself during my lifetime the sale proceeds of my books and other publications the copyright whereof has been hereby conveyed in trust.
6. That the said Trustees and their successors in office shall permit me to reside free of rent or any other liability either in my garden house or in my ancestral town house, items 1 and 4 as per the accompanying Schedule, according to my choice.
7. That the said Trustees and their successors in office shall permit my wife, should she survive me, to reside during her lifetime free of any rent or any other liability either in my garden house or Rajya Lakshmi Vilas, items 1 and 4 as per the accompanying Schedule, and shall give her a monthly allowance of Rupees (80) thirty out of the income from the properties hereby conveyed in trust and shall also give away one Thousand Rupees out of my Life Policy for two