ఈ పుట అచ్చుదిద్దబడ్డది
221. ఇంగువ కట్టిన గుడ్డ.
- A rag which had held assafoetida.
- (See No. 1861.)
- Said of a man who is respected on account of his connection with the family of some famous person, no longer living ; or on account of his own greatness, now passed away.
222. ఇంటింటికీ మట్టి పొయ్యి.
- Every house has an earthen ﬁre-place.
- (See No.997.)
- Every man has his faults.
223. ఇంటింటికీ వక మట్టిపొయ్యి అయితే, మాయింట మరి వకటి.
- Every house has an earthen ﬁre-place, my house is still worse off.
- Acknowledging one’s failings.
224. ఇంటికన్నా గుడి పదిలము.
- The temple is stronger than the house.
- Said by a ruined man who had been obliged to take refuge in a temple, but pretended that he had gone there for the safety of his property.
- Make a virtue of necessity.
225. ఇంటికి జ్యేష్ఠాదేవి, పొరుగుకు లక్ష్మీదేవి.
- The goddess of misfortune at home, the goddess of fortune abroad.
- Bad to his own, but good to others.