178. ఆ తుష్టికీ యీ నష్టికీ సరి.
- That proﬁt and this loss are equal.
179. ఆత్మస్తుతీ, పరనిందా, అర్థాపేక్షా, లేని మహానుభావుడికి నాకూ డబ్బు, శుద్ధశుంఠకు వాడికీ డబ్బా
- Am I, an upright man, not a boaster, a fault ﬁnder, nor covetous, to have one pice, and is this great fool to have a pice also ?
- (See No. 788.)
- In this speech a man committed the very three faults from which he boasted he was free.
180. అత్మా రావే నూతపడుదాము అంటే, ఆదివారము రోజున అందరమూ పడుదాము అన్నదట.
- When he thought of putting an end to himself, his soul said within him “Let us wait until Sunday and all drown together.”
- The word “All" refers to the elements of which man is composed.
- Sunday is a propitious day.
- Judge well before you act.
- Consideration is the parent of wisdom.
181. ఆదాయము లేకనే శెట్టి వరదబోడు.
- Without [the hope of] gain, a Setti will not venture into the ﬂood
- (See No. 1902)
- The Settis (merchants) are very greedy and very cowardly.
182. ఆపతి మొక్కులు, సంపతి కుంట్లు.
- Vows in times of trouble, carping [ at the gods ] in times of prosperity.
- ( See No. 1578.)
- The devil was sick, the devil a monk would be;The devil grew well, the devil a monk was he.(Latin)
- Aegrotat daemon, monochue tunc esse volebat; Daemon convaluit, daemon ut ante fult.